If you’re looking for a way to express your creative side and special effects makeup or body art are your medium you need to be a part of this year’s NZ Body Art Presentation.
Due to unexpected illness we have not been able to raise the funds required to hold the grand NZ Body Art Showcase as it has been presented in the past.
We are currently working on revising a smaller show and we will release details as they become available.
Registrations for the 2017 NZ Body Art Presentation have officially closed. Late entries will be charged an additional $10.00. Forms can be downloaded here.
We hope to see you on Saturday 26th August 2017 at The Spencer on Byron in Takapuna.
|The categories and awards include:
(1) Brush/Sponge Body Painting – themed ‘Carnival’
(2) Airbrush/Brush/Sponge Body Painting – themed ‘Flight’Special Effects Prosthetics
(3) Creatures – themed ‘Black forest’
(4) Fantasy – themed ‘Enchanted castle’Illumination
(5) World of Fluorescent Illusion – themed ‘Atlantis undersea world’
9am: Artists arrive and set up
11-3pm: paying public administration, open forum
4pm-6pm: Preliminary judging from Weta Workshop, and NZ Body Art Trust guests, artists can complete touch up work,
5.30pm: cocktail evening – doors open to ticketed guests
6pm: Artists prepare to present their final work for final judging and stage presentation
* This is a working schedule and is subject to change.
Our storyteller tells the tale of a young girl who wants to be the world’s best dancer – we journey with her through her dreams discovering all of the creatures & characters.
Models will have time on stage as well as on the floor moving amongst the audience…our audience love to see the painting close up.
* This is a working concept and is subject to change.